Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Healthy Butterfly Snack


Spring has FINALLY made it to Massachusetts.  To celebrate nicer weather, I recently made butterfly snacks for the kids.  This is super easy to make.  Simply slice a banana in half, spread peanut butter (or any other nut butter) along the banana slices, add symmetrical raisins, grape halves in the middle, and carrot pieces for antennae.

There are so many great butterfly books.  Here is one we have enjoyed:






What is your favorite butterfly book?

Also, have you read The Butterfly by Patricia Polacco?  We haven't read it yet, but I have requested it from the library.  In this book for children ages six and up, the butterfly is a symbol of freedom during World War II.  When a French village is occupied by Nazi Germany, a young French girl finds a Jewish girl hiding in her basement and a special friendship develops.  This book is based on a true story. 

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, the second book looks SO interesting! I love Patricia Polacco books because of illustrations and complex characters. The snack looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her books, they're always so well thought out, and teach great lessons. I haven't read that one, but I've read many of her others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two youngest would go "bananas" for this snack! I'll have to try to make it. You have the best snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such yumminess I stumbled upon. Oh how we love butterflies around here, good reads, and snacks.

    It's a delight to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

    Splashin'
    Sarah
    www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your site...need more time to look around...I like Robert M, but only sometimes. :) My kids like Thomas' Snowsuit and "I have to Go"
    Educational dvds for Kids | Buy cds Online India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved going thru ur lovely blog !
    I have a worldwide Giveaway of 2 copies of my book-"Fun Food for Fussy Little Eaters' would love you to join in !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! What an awesome and yummy idea!! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as health, self-image, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Video Post: NYC Holiday Window Tour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Snacks For Kids | Fruit Snack | FRU2go

    Some easy to make morning snacks for kids without any hassle for lunch box, picnic, or vacation. Check out now.
    WEBSITE:- https://fru2go.com/
    ADDRESS:- 7, Kumtha St, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400001
    CONTACT:- 02572260033 , 1800 599 4000
    EMAIL: contactus@fru2go.com

    ReplyDelete