Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chinese New Year - dragon snack and craft

I found a great printable to make dragon puppets for Chinese New Year.  The kids enjoyed coloring them and playing with their puppets.


C (age 7) told an elaborate story about how his dragon tricks people because he looks friendly (his is the top dragon), but once a person befriends the dragon, he eats the person!  R (age 5) said hers is just mean.

We are reading  D is for Dancing Dragon, A China Alphabet by Carol Crane and Zong-Zhou Wang.  I recommend this book for a little insight into Chinese culture.


We like to make dragon claws for good luck every Chinese New Year!  The recipe is from Gourmet Mom on the Go.  They are Nutter Butters covered with melted chocolate (green Wilton candy melts) and cashew claws.




13 comments:

  1. Love the dragon feet! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Cute ideas over here on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun snack. I printed out the dragon head too, but we still didn't get to it - usual problem with arts in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those puppets! The dragon claw is also pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun!! Will you be my mom ;-)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and simple snack! And I love "D is for Dancing Dragon"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might find eating that claw a bit scary, but the boys would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the puppets and the claws!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the whole theme!
    Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool!! love the snack. Thanks for the birthday wishes, you young chicken you. lol Must be nice to be in your 30's. Okay, I'm done being jealous of my bloggy friend. Always nice to hear from you, Christy. Enjoy your day!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! putlocker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogs on technology helps you stay updated in terms of the latest technology news, launch of gadgets, and many more. Subscribe to technology blogs and use information for your personal or professional use. อนิเมะใหม่

    ReplyDelete