Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cat in the Hat Snack


Dr. Seuss makes regular appearances in our bedtime story hour.  My kids enjoy listening to me read his books and I have found the books to be great easy readers.  R (age 5) is currently reading The Cat in the Hat.  That, coupled with the fact that we will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday on March 2nd, made me realize that I just had to put together a Seuss-worthy snack.


It doesn't get much simpler.


  • Place a Nilla wafer on a plate
  • alternate layers of whipped cream and slices of strawberries
  • Enjoy!



  • We are very excited about the opening of the movie, The Lorax.  We'll have to think of some special treats for that too!



    7 comments:

    1. Yum! I can't wait to see what you do for The Lorax.
      Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm going back and forth on the Lorax. I've really enjoyed some of the adaptations, but some of them not as much. We'll almost certainly see it at some point though.

      Oh and congratulations on posting over at Totally Tots.

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a neat idea. I love how this hat looks like. We also like Dr Seuss books, but Anna doesn't like The Lorax - she was spooked by it when she was younger. Too bad - I think it's one of the best books by Dr Seuss.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the simplicity of this Cat in the Hat Snack! I invite you to stop by my blog, Happy Birthday Author, to share a link to this post with my readers. I think they would really love it.

      http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have a house full of kids who can't wait to see the Lorax also! Your hat is awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Very cute! I think we will have to make this soon!

      ReplyDelete