Friday, January 27, 2012

Penguin Sandwich




This is a very simple snack.  I like cute food, but I am certainly not one of those people who can make elaborate and beautiful foods.  I like to keep it simple!

I began by using a circle cookie cutter to cut a piece of bread.  You could also use a glass to cut the circle shape.


I covered that circle with tiny trapeze all natural marshmallow creme.  It's like Fluff, but from Whole Foods.


Then I cut another circle out of bread, covered that in chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella) and cut the circle in half to make wings.


A peppermint patty became the head, and I used icing to make the eyes, beak, and feet.


Penguin Day by Victoria Winteringham is a fun picture book that follows a colony of penguins from dawn to dusk.  We especially like the silly illustrations of penguins doing laundry, bathing, and making art!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about not being able to make elaborate stuff because some of your projects seem pretty elaborate and amazing to me, but that could also be that I'm just horrid at making cute food. I mainly use the cookie cutters for sandwiches, that's about my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penguin Day is such a cute book! Love your craft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute snack. It will be fun to do with our current read-aloud - "Mr Popper Penguins".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! We're moving on to studying penguins next!! Can't wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete