Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Stars



After school one day this week, I gave C and R chocolate pretzel stars I made following the directions at Almost Unschoolers.  She actually used peanut butter chips, but I used melted chocolate chips to hold the pretzel sticks in the shape of a star.

Before they could eat them, we read The Christmas Story by Jane Werner.  I told them they could eat the stars when they knew why I made stars to go along with this book.  They both said they knew why, but I still made them wait until we got to that part of the book.

"Behold, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it stood over the place where the child lay.  When they saw the star, the wise men rejoiced and were glad."  

1 comment:

  1. Your star looks yummy. I agree that chocolate and pretzels are a GREAT combo!

    ReplyDelete