Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ornament Snack

I posted this last year, but this blog was so new then that I thought I would repost it for any new readers.


My six year old loves strawberry jelly and cream cheese, so I made this for her.  I cut the bread with a biscuit cutter and then cut a tiny square out of extra bread to make the top of the ornament.  Then I spread strawberry Polaner All Fruit over the top.  I put a little cream cheese into a sandwich bag and cut the corner off to pipe the designs on the ornament. 

This snack is great to share with just about any Christmas book.  Here are two that we enjoyed this week:

Christmas is Here! by Siobhan Ciminera.  This is a Strawberry Shortcake easy reader.  I love this book to go along with this snack because the book has directions to make a strawberry ornament (made with paper, not strawberries!).  

The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever by Steven Kroll.  Clayton the town mouse and Desmond the country mouse team up to bring the spirit of Christmas to Mouseville.  We have read a few books in this series by   Steven Kroll and we always enjoy them!

4 comments:

  1. Besides which, it's a good reminder for us "old readers," of course that would require I remember to make cute food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have those 2 books! We like the Biggest Ever books. They are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookd yummy! We have been on a cream cheese kick lately and its so delicious with jam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty and delicious. Maybe I'll squeeze it in as a snack one of these days.

    ReplyDelete