Saturday, May 19, 2012

Patriotic Fruity Flag


If you need a healthy, fun snack for Memorial Day, Flag Day, or Independence Day, this is perfect.

To make this flag, you need:
  • blueberries
  • banana slices
  • chunks of watermelon
  • skewers
Simply skewer the fruit to look like a flag.  It doesn't get much easier.
Check out I Pledge Allegiance by Bill Martin Jr. and Michael Sampson and illustrated by Chris Raschka.  This is the best book I have ever seen to help kids understand the pledge of allegiance.






7 comments:

  1. Clever! My kids would love to make this for Memorial Day.
    Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It really makes me feel that summer is here when I see watermelon snacks on the blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snack! I love 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful idea! It looks great and is made of such healthy fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! We had lots of berry treats for 4th of July too, but I didn't think of making a flag -- great idea & so healthy!!

    ReplyDelete