Sunday, January 20, 2013

Toddler Times - 16 months Texture Collage

K LOVED this activity.  She was so content the entire time.  This is what we did:

I cut a large piece of clear Contact paper and taped it to the sliding glass door in our kitchen with the sticky side facing out.

We are currently focusing on the color orange, so I ripped up a bunch of little pieces of orange crepe paper streamers (tissue paper or even construction paper would work too) and gave them to her to stick on the Contact paper.



This was K's project, so I did not stick one single piece of crepe paper on the Contact paper.  When I gave her the first piece, I told her she could stick it on the door and that is what she did.  Then she kept coming back for more pieces.  I ripped a bunch of pieces and put them on the floor next to her and let her do her thing.  I also had some orange foam stickers, orange pom poms, and orange masking tape that I let her add to her collage.

This will stay up for a while and K can add to it or remove from it as often as she wants.

4 comments:

  1. Great activity, it looks like she really enjoyed it. She's gotten so big and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of hanging the contact paper on the glass door, so she could see the light coming through her collage as she made it. This is a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm definitely going to use this one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Snacks For Kids | FRU2go

    Here's some snacks all healthy and delicious for yor kids. Kids will love these. Check out now.
    WEBSITE:- https://fru2go.com/
    ADDRESS:- 7, Kumtha St, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400001
    CONTACT:- 02572260033 , 1800 599 4000
    EMAIL: contactus@fru2go.com

    ReplyDelete